- Newcastle Dance Academy’s annual “Showcase of Dance” Concert is held in Term 4.
- All students are encouraged to participate in this enjoyable evening of dance as this is their opportunity to show off their talents and hard work, learn stage techniques, and have a great time performing.
- If you do not wish for your child to participate please advise the principals in writing mid Term 3. There is one rehearsal at the theatre which incurs a tuition fee.
- There is a full dress rehearsal on the Sunday prior to the concert. This rehearsal is held at the studio. Attendance to the rehearsals is compulsory.
- A concert newsletter is issued detailing all aspects of the concert, i.e. costumes, ticket sales, rehearsal dates and times, DVD purchase etc.
- In lieu of fundraising, Newcastle Dance Academy has a fee that is added to your term account to help with student facilities and End of year Production.
- There is a concert commitment fee of $50.00 per student. This fee secures your place in the end of year production and ordering of costumes.
Dates to remember
- Full Dress Rehearsal Sunday 24th November 2019 – all day closed rehearsal at the studio.
- Theatre Rehearsal – Tuesday 26th November 2019 at the Civic Theatre. Times to be advised. This rehearsal is to enable stage placement of all our routines and is compulsory for the benefit of all students.
- Concert Night – Friday 29th November 2019 at the Civic Theatre.
- The Academy will hire ballet and character costumes for the concert performance.
- The designs and costumes remain the property of the studio and you are required to look after them and return them promptly after the period of use.
- Jazz and Contemporary costumes are to be purchased by the parents. This can sometimes be quite costly at this time of year.
- If you accept the responsibility of group work in both Eisteddfods and concerts you are expected to make a full commitment to all rehearsals, performances and costumes.
- You will also be obligated to re-sell the costume in full to another student or back to the studio on request.