- Newcastle Dance Academy’s annual “Showcase of Dance” Concert is held in Term 4.
- All students are encouraged to participate in this enjoyable evening of dance as this is their opportunity to show off their talents and hard work, learn stage techniques, and have a great time performing.
- If you do not wish for your child to participate please advise the principals in writing mid Term 3. There is one rehearsal at the theatre which incurs a tuition fee.
- There is a full dress rehearsal on the Sunday prior to the concert. This rehearsal is held at the studio. Attendance to the rehearsals is compulsory.
- A concert newsletter is issued detailing all aspects of the concert, i.e. costumes, ticket sales, rehearsal dates and times, DVD purchase etc.
- In lieu of fundraising, Newcastle Dance Academy has a fee that is added to your term account to help with student facilities and End of year Production.
- There is a concert commitment fee of $50.00 per student. This fee secures your place in the end of year production and ordering of costumes.
- The Academy will hire ballet and character costumes for the concert performance.
- The designs and costumes remain the property of the studio and you are required to look after them and return them promptly after the period of use.
- Jazz and Contemporary costumes are to be purchased by the parents. This can sometimes be quite costly at this time of year.
- If you accept the responsibility of group work in both Eisteddfods and concerts you are expected to make a full commitment to all rehearsals, performances and costumes.
- You will also be obligated to re-sell the costume in full to another student or back to the studio on request.