From Monday the 11th of October, NSW will begin the first of its three-stage reopening from lockdown. As an indoor recreation centre, Newcastle Dance Academy is permitted to reopen and our students can return to class at the studio. It is imperative however, that we follow a strict Covid Safety Plan, not only to fulfill the requirements of the Public Health Order, but even more importantly for the safety of our students, families and staff.
Newcastle Dance Academy has completed a comprehensive Covid Safety Plan and submitted it to Health NSW, and this includes specifics about staff management, logistics and cleaning. We are also working closely with governing body Ausdance NSW to ensure that we are following all relevant guidelines. Below is a summarised list of the rules and measures that our parents and students will need to know before returning to the studio.
- ALL students ages 15 and under, are welcome to return, regardless of the vaccination status of their parents. [This is as per clause 2.18(3) of the Public Health Order.] We will use digital class attendance rolls for contact tracing and record keeping of students at the studio.
- ALL adults, and students ages 16 and over, MUST check in using the Service NSW QR code before entering the premises, and MUST demonstrate proof that they have been double vaccinated (or evidence of their medical exemption). Please show your ‘green tick’ to reception staff or teacher upon entry.
- Parents, staff, students 16 and over, and visitors to the studio who are not double vaccinated will not be allowed on premises [clause 2.18 of the Public Health Order]. This is legislated strictly by the NSW government (not a decision we have made) and will be applicable until the 1st of December 2021, so parents who have not received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccination will be required to drop off and pick up in the car park, and either wait in their car or go home and return when their children have finished class, if they wish for their child to return to dancing before the 1st of December.
- Everyone (including students) ages 12 and over is required by law to wear a mask at all times whilst in an indoor venue, unless eating or drinking [clause 2.17]. Our teachers will instruct students ages 12 and over that they WILL be allowed to lower their mask below their chin IF they are having difficulty breathing in class. [This is as per clause 2.17(d)(i) of the Public Health Order.]
- Our teachers will be permitted to lower their masks, at their own discretion, if they are having difficulty breathing in class, but also for some portions of our PRESCHOOL classes, when it is essential for the teacher’s mouth to be seen by the students for the sake of enunciation, communication or demonstration – and also to comfort our youngest students who might be intimidated and scared by not seeing the face of their teacher. [This is as per clause 2.17(d)(ii) of the Public Health Order.]
- Inside we are limited to one person per 4sqm, and in our outdoor space at the front of the building we are limited to one person per 2sqm. Social distancing is still very important, especially in our common areas. Please be mindful of maintaining space around you when and where possible. There will be signage in all areas indicating how many persons per area.
- It is imperative that all staff, students and parents DO NOT come to the the studio if they are unwell or show even mild symptoms.
- If any member of a student’s household tests positive for Covid-19 then Newcastle Dance Academy management must be notified immediately and no one from that household, including the student, can come to the studio for 14 days. A negative test result must be supplied before returning.
ADDITIONAL MEASURES WE HAVE PUT IN PLACE include:
- We have removed all chairs from the reception area, the common areas and have closed off the front dressing room. This will be used as our safe place if a person becomes unwell.
- There will be additional QR codes posted on the windows on the outside of the buiding to avoid congestion in the entrance way.
- We are very strongly encouraging parents NOT to wait around at the studio. The less people we have on the premises the better. Please drop off and pick up, or consider having some peaceful time waiting in your air conditioned car.
- The studio has had a deep clean, and we will be increasing the regular cleaning of the studio each day. We have had the air conditioners cleaned and sanitised again, re-painted the studios and we will be sanitising the studios at the end of each day.
- Hand sanitiser stations are still set up throughout the studio.
- The students will need to be remindered that they must use the kitchen tap to refill water bottles and not the bathroom taps.
- We will be recommencing our regular timetable, however we have made some minor room change adjustments. Our teachers and staff will help guide students to their correct rooms.
- In the event of a COVID -19 case at Newcastle Dance Academy , we will :-
- Notify all parents immediately
- Close for deep cleaning
- Return to Zoom for 2 weeks.
PLEASE HELP TO KEEP US SAFE!